NEW CONSTRUCTION FOR SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING
TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT, THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE PROVIDED:
1. Two copies of the plot plan showing location of the building, well septic system, addition, deck, fencing, barn, etc.
2. Two copies of architectural drawings showing construction details, elevations, mechanical, etc.
3. Letter from Freehold Soil Conservation District, where applicable.
4. All permit applications filled out and sealed as required.
5. Mechanical drawings of proposed gas piping showing size of all piping, length of all pipe sections and BTU’S of all gas appliances connected to system.
6. Isometric drawing of proposed plumbing waste and vent system.
7. Well permit and septic permit from Monmouth County Health Department.
8. Copy of builder’s current registration card, copy of electrical contractor’s current license card, copy of plumbing contractor’s current license card.
9. Information regarding the grading of property for engineering department review. This information is normally found on the septic system design plans and should be submitted with the building application.
10. Subsurface soil investigation report (soil boring) taken inside the building foundation footprint showing elevation of finished floor, elevation of basement floor, elevation of bottom of footing, elevation of bottom of boring and elevation to ground water. This report must be signed and sealed by professional engineer.
11. Diagram showing section of masonry fireplace, if applicable.
12. Installation specifications for prefab fireplaces and all fuel burning appliances including furnaces, boilers, hot water heaters and gas fireplaces.
13. Heating technical section filled out completely.
14. BTU heat loss calculations.
15. Signed copy of required inspection form.
16. Each single family dwelling shall be substantially different in exterior design and appearance from any existing or proposed neighboring dwellings. See Ordnance 98-18
A construction permit shall be issued only after the approval of all the Subcode officials and upon the construction official signing same. Construction may begin only after the construction permit has been paid for and issued.
Click Here for Forms